- To promote, establish, maintain and develop an Institute for Child Health with a view to provide treatment and advanced care to children and to encourage and promote research and training in Child Health.
- To evolve, organize and supervise programmes to detect Paediatric problems and to educate the public regarding control of various juvenile diseases which are prevalent in the country.
- To organize teaching and training of medical para-medical personnel in Child Health Care.
- Provide comprehensive and quality care to Paediatric patients.
- Training of candidates in the speciality of Paedatrics and in the superspeciality of Paediatric Surgery.
- Organize scientific meetings, seminars, symposia, workshops & etc., in Child Health.
- To take up research programmes relating to diagnosis and treatment of Paediatric ailments.